[Note: This position is closed]
We have a 3-years postdoctoral position available at the Bristol Interaction Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol, UK. The selected candidate will work on the EPSRC “Crossmodal Interactive Tools for Inclusive Learning” project, which aims at investigating novel multisensory learning and teaching technologies that supports inclusive interaction between visually-impaired and sighted children in mainstream schools.
They will engage with partner schools to co-design multisensory technology with visually-impaired and sighted children, and develop, user test and evaluate collaborative teaching and learning technoogies in-situ.
We are looking for a candidate with:
– Solid skills in software and hardware development
– Expertise in physical and digital prototyping, sensors, making, tinkering, etc.
– Knowledge of HCI and participatory design
– Interest in multisensory interaction and accessibility
– fixed 3 years contract
– Application deadline: 6 August 2017
– Start date: September 2017 (or soon thereafter)
Full job description and application, available here
More information on the project: http://critical.ousmet.com
For informal inquiries contact Oussama Metatla (email@example.com)